How to Screen Your Water for Lead
Location: Kitchen or Bathroom Sink
- Fill 2L bottle with water from a sink that has not been turned on for 8-10 hours
- Screw provided cap onto the 2L bottle
- Flip the bottle over to let the water drain out of the bottle
- Poke a small hole in the bottle with a pin so air can flow in as water drains out
- Do not squeeze the bottle to make water drain faster. Let it drain by itself for best results. This process may take more than 5 minutes.
- Place cap back into the bag and place the sample back in the kit.
- Record which sink the water was taken from on the form and move to the next sample.